GX Machine has been updated as of January 2017.
- LG 27MP68HM Monitor
- Intel Core i7 7700 CPU
- Gigabyte B150M – D3H Motherboard
- MSI Armor Radeon RX 470, 8 GB Graphics card
- Asus Xonar DG Sound card
- Audio Technica ATS-AD500
- Cooler Master Hyper 212X CPU Fan.
- Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat cabinet.
- Corsair CX500 V3 80+ Bronze PSU.
- Microsoft Sculpt comfort keyboard.
- G.Skill Ripjaws V 2 x 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
- 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo for OS and apps.
- Western Digital Cavier Blue 1 Terabyte, 7200 RPM HDD for storage of files.
- Logitech M510 Laser Mouse
- Xbox One controller + Wireless adapter
- Microtek TGE 1000+ UPS.
After using AMD FX 6300 for 3.5 years, I decided to go with Intel Core i7 this time. CPU performance has reached a saturation point in everyday usage and Intel CPUs have aged well. A Core i5 3500 still holds fine in anything you can throw at it including gaming. Considering that the market is filled with Core i5 Quad Core CPUs, developers are optimizing their games for Quad Core CPUs a lot now.
I reused my old Cabinet and Power supply with this new machine as they are more than enough in terms of the power they provide.